Miswaak – Practice of Prophets
Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Four things are amongst the practices of the Prophets
—Circumcision, Application of Perfume, Miswaak and Marriage.” [Tirmidhi]
Since mankind’s origin on the planet was with the appearance of the first Nabi of Allah, Adam (alaihis salam), the practice of using the Miswaak is as old as mankind itself. Therefore, among the many advantages and benefits of using the Miswaak, one is the good-fortune of being associated with the Prophets in this practice.
See Also ► Love In Islam
Other benefits of Miswaaks are:
- Miswaaks strengthen the gums and prevent tooth decay.
- Miswaaks assist in eliminating toothaches.
- Miswaaks create a fragrance in the mouth.
- Miswaaks are a cure for illness.
- Miswaaks eliminate bad odors and improve the sense of taste.
- Use of the Miswaak sharpens the memory.
- Use of the Miswaak is a cure for headaches.
- Miswaak creates Noor (lustre) on the face of the one who uses it continually.
- Use of the Miswaak causes the teeth to glow.
- Use of the Miswaak strengthens the eyesight.
- Use of the Miswaak assists in digestion.
- Use of the Miswaak clears the voice.