We all hope that we can have our dream home one day, but the realist in us knows that it’s very unlikely that we’ll ever be able to build our personal mansions. That shouldn’t destroy your dream, however, as it’s quite possible to make any house your dream home. It may take a little time and a little effort, but the rewards will definitely be worth it in the end. So in order to help you make your place your little slice of heaven, we’ve put together five little tips to creating your dream home. Hopefully you’ll be able to transform your home into your haven.
- Paint, Paint, Paint – Don’t buy a home based on the paint colors. Paint can be easily changed, and once you’re in your new house, it can be changed to whatever you want. If you wish for a bright blue kitchen with bright white cabinets, there’s no one there to stop you. If you want a fancy mural running down the hallway, than go for it. Paint is changeable, and a really easy way to make a home instantly feel new and yours.
- Add Some Fancy Features – There’s no reason why you shouldn’t get a stained glass window if you’ve always wanted one. Or perhaps a hidden door, hiding a secret library, like the ones you can find at Murphy Door? Little pieces of adventure or charm that add personal touches to your home make it uniquely yours. It may take a while to save up the needed funds to supply these wants, but if this is going to be your forever home, than waiting isn’t really an issue. Plan ahead for the future and know that your house can be exactly what you want it to be.
- Choose Your Furniture Wisely – Furniture can make a house into your home. Shop wisely, whether you’re shopping for comfort or style or both. Places like Four Chairs in Lindon, Utah offer a wide variety of styles and options so you can choose exactly what you want when you find it. Part of your dream home is what goes in it, and that part can be absolutely fabulous.
- Splurge On The Kitchen – If there’s one place to go wild with renovation, than it’s the kitchen. It’s said the kitchen is the heart of the home, and as such it deserves to be everything you want it to be. Even a small kitchen has great potential. Don’t be intimidated by the layout or the walls, as if you truly want it, you can change it. Your deserve your forever home to have the kitchen of your dreams, no matter the size or condition it was in when you bought the place. Plus, you definitely need a snazzy location to store all your snacks, whether they be doughnuts or dried fruit.
- Don’t Be A Recluse – Part of having a dream home is being able to show it off. Invite your friends and neighbors in for a drink or dinner. Go out and socialize with those that live in your community. Don’t be reclusive and alone; the better connected you are the happier you will be with your location. It’s can be a little surprising to note how important location is when it comes to your happiness with your home.
You don’t need to feel like you merely settled into your forever home and lost the option of having your dream. Plan ahead, save up the money and make it exactly what you want it to be. Any house can be changed with a little time, effort and the funds to do so.